Friday, March 30, 2007

Elton John and that is Sir to you!


Hi,

Since I can remember my parents have been big EJ fans. Before he was Sir. Before he let the world really know who he was. Go EJ! Can you imagine playing Madison Square Garden (The Garden) for your 60th? Having played there over 5 dozen times prior. I think he might hold the record forever.

I know the Garden well. I saw lots of things there over the years. Like my first concert...Van Halen, baby!!!! It was 80 something....like 84. Whew. No age guessing please. However it seems when I hear EJ songs I can't help but think about my parents heading out to the Garden to see EJ in the days of heels, boas, bling-sunglasses and the high-couture of the Lady Liberty costume. I would have loved it!!! I saw EJ in MD with Billy Joel. Good but not the over the top EJ. His songs continue to be timeless. Even if your not a fan you might want to reconsider. If only for the costumes of years gone by.

TGIF. Scott's truck got here. Thanks to A for getting it filled.

Saturday is training day...we will report back.

Sunday 9:00 am is doughnuts, coffee and unloading of the truck.
Sunday 2:00 pm we are off to the Nasher.
Sunday 5:00 pm we leave the short-stack with Scott and Kym 'Dynamo'.
Sunday 5:01 pm we celebrate 9-yrs.
Happy April Fool's day.

Next time let's talk Queen. Another of my parents favs.
My favorite song 'Bicycle Race' thank god for 'Fat Bottomed Girls'. RIP Eddie M.

Cheers,
Mel t.

2 comments:

Bijoy said...

well good to hear about the EJ oldendays stories am a big fan of EJ love all of his music.i really enjoyed reading it, will be back soon.
regards Biby - Blog

Tune in! said...

Thanks stay tuned!